|Job Title||Customer Service Representative|
|Location||San Leandro, CA|
|Shifts hiring||Part-time, Weekends|
Customer Service Representative
We are looking for a friendly, professional, customer service focused, detail-oriented individual with keen problem solving abilities and sound judgment to join our Award Winning Call Center. Our Customer Service Representatives work collaboratively with our Dispatchers and Operations Department to ensure the highest quality of patient care possible, while providing an exceptional experience for our customers, patients and EMT staff.
- Answers multiple phone lines, gathers critical and detailed information and provides courteous and professional customer service to our callers. Routes calls to the appropriate person or department as needed.
- Logs detailed patient and customer information into our system. Makes updates and changes as required. Proactively communicates changes to Call Center Team, to ensure appropriate delivery of our services.
- Confirms same day and following day, pre-scheduled patient information within our system and by proactively calling our customers, such as appointment times and pick up times.
- Conducts necessary follow ups with our customers and requests needed documentation for our Billing Department.
- Proactively keeps customers updated on the anticipated schedule such as our EMT estimated time of arrival; addresses customer concerns as needed, and coordinates with Dispatchers to provide alternative solutions.
- Provides timely feedback to the Communications Center Supervisor and Team regarding service failures or customer concerns
- Participates in Royal’s collaborative approach of customer recovery analysis and makes recommendations on customer service improvement initiatives or internal and departmental policy changes and improvements.
- Memorizes hospital and facility addresses in all counties we operate in.
- Reacts quickly, efficiently and calmly in an emergency situation and works with the Dispatchers and Operations Department to implement an effective course of action.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding any patient information in accordance with HIPAA regulations, as well as any sensitive company and employee information
- Demonstrates and supports Royal’s Mission, Values and Quality Standards
Skills / Requirements:
- Experience in a Call Center environment is preferred, but not required
- Experience in medical terminology preferred
- Knowledge of Alameda and Santa Clara counties geography preferred
- Extremely well organized and detail oriented ( a simple error can potentially impact the health and wellbeing of our patients)
- Ability to work in a very fast paced and high stress environment
- Exceptional communication skills; speaks clearly, courteously, professionally and takes the time to understand the needs and concerns of others
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time while remaining focused on their primary objective of answering calls
- Punctual and reliable with an outstanding attendance record
- Positive, friendly and up beat
- Must be a fast learner
- Must be able to work well within a team environment yet is also able to work independently with little or no supervision
- Basic computer proficiency (typing speed 30+wpm, familiarity with MS Office, and internet research)