|Job Title||Accounting & Payroll Coordinator|
|Location||San Leandro, CA|
Job Title: Accounting & Payroll Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Business Administration
- Process and prepare payroll.
- Responsible for accounts payable.
- Responsible for cost control with adherence to budget.
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, and ensure all entries are booked according to internal accounting standards.
- Provide efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
- Identify internal areas of improvement and help implement cost cutting measures where appropriate.
- Analyze financial details to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement is needed.
- Coordinate and implement the financial plan, budget and procurement.
- Ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met (payroll taxes, 401k contributions, etc.).
- Support month -end and year-end close process.
- Additional accounting duties as necessary.
- 2-3 years of overall combined accounting and finance experience.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent Required
- Demonstrated experience in cross departmental communication.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Experience with general ledger functions and month end/year end close process and preparation of financial statements.
- Microsoft Office experience required with high level of proficiency in Excel and QuicksBooks.
- Detail-oriented, organized and able to multi-task with strong follow-through skills.
- Persuasive, professional and positive communication skills.