|Job Title||Human Resources Coordinator|
|Location||San Leandro, CA|
In 2018 Royal became the only ambulance company in history to win the prestigious “Best Places to Work” award from Modern Healthcare.
We attribute this success to Royal’s amazing, intentional culture—a culture that you will help us take to new heights as our Human Resources Coordinator.
At its core, this role is really about four things:
- The Drive to learn more and advance your career in the human resources field.
- Empathy and a high EQ - the word “human” is in your job title after all.
- Engagement with your fellow team members.
- Adaptability in a fast-paced environment and the ability to solve problems independently.
We are not looking for someone with a “clock in and clock out” mentality. We are an innovative, fast-paced organization that functions a lot more like a profitable healthcare startup than a large corporation.
So if you’re looking for a challenge-free, repetitive role then please do not apply.
If, on the other hand, you’re the kind of person who won’t rest until a problem is solved. The kind of person that can take on many responsibilities and wear many hats. If you’re ready to go outside your professional comfort zone, learn new skills and become a critical player on Royal’s dynamic HR Team, then you may be just who we’re looking for. Read on.
Pro-tip: Drive, Empathy, Engagement and Adaptability are our Core Values. Make sure you get them down before your interview :)
- Learn our interview process like the back of your hand from resume to pre-screen to interview to background checks. Most importantly, you will learn how to recruit top talent and like-minded individuals who are a perfect fit in our fun and driven culture. We’ll coach you through it and you’ll be helping us out in no time.
- Assist the HR Team with our employee onboarding and off-boarding processes.
- Assist the Operations Team with daily scheduling requests and calendar management as needed.
- Manage Royal's EMT Ride-Along Program and New Hire Academy, making sure our standards shine through from Day One.
- Help Manage our Praise & Recognition Program and our Anniversary & Birthday Programs. Because of your work, no one at Royal will ever feel underappreciated.
- Help us keep dominating the recruitment game by assisting with EMT School presentations and Recruitment Fairs.
- Coordinate and assist with the set-up of Company Meetings, Trainings, In-House Celebrations, and Off-Site Presentations as needed. Yes, this includes our infamous holiday parties :)
- A part of this job is working the front desk. You know everyone on a first-name basis, greeting team members and visitors in an engaging, courteous and professional (but not robotic or boring) manner.
- Provide Administrative support to HR and Royal's Leadership Team. Filing, data entry, drafting correspondence, copying/scanning/faxing, conducting research and running miscellaneous errands as needed.
- Manage employee data records.
Skills / Requirements:
- College degree is preferred, but not having one shouldn’t stop you from applying if you have relevant experience.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience with a track record of great people skills, problem solving and organizational abilities. We’re open to experience from a variety of fields including, but not limited to: Human Resources, Admin Work, Event Planning, Project Management and Executive Assistant.
- Must be able to solve problems independently, work in a team, and be humble enough to ask for help when you can’t find the answer.
- Knowledge of basic Google Search operators is highly recommended.
- Word, Excel and PowerPoint (duh).
- Working knowledge of applications that require navigating and maintaining databases such as employee records software, CRM, CMS or similar.
- The ability to quickly switch between tasks without too much lag time.
- Extremely organized, detail oriented and focused with exceptional time management skills. We’re looking for the kind of person with a clean desk, an uncluttered desktop and zero unread messages in their inbox. Matching socks optional but preferred.
- Must be able to handle confidential information (especially in regards to patient information - which we take very seriously).
- Experience at a Series A + startup is a huge plus.
- Lastly, you need to be the kind of person that looks forward to work and solving challenges. A positive attitude will get you far here.