|Job Title||Customer Service Representative|
|Location||San Leandro, CA|
Customer Service Representative
Are you interested in a career in Emergency Medical Services? Do you thrive in fast-paced environments and motivated by making a difference? Are you looking for a fun and supportive environment where you can apply your awesome communication and technical skills? Come join the Royal family in our award-winning call center where we can help you gain the skills you need to further your career as an Ambulance Dispatcher or 911 Dispatcher!
- Answers multiple phone lines, gathers critical and detailed information and provides courteous and professional customer service to our callers. Routes calls to the appropriate person or department as needed.
- Logs detailed patient and customer information into our system. Makes updates and changes as required. Proactively communicates changes to Call Center Team, to ensure appropriate delivery of our services.
- Confirms same day and following day, pre-scheduled patient information within our system and by proactively calling our customers, such as appointment times and pick up times.
- Conducts necessary follow ups with our customers and requests needed documentation for our Billing Department.
- Proactively keeps customers updated on the anticipated schedule such as our EMT estimated time of arrival; addresses customer concerns as needed, and coordinates with Dispatchers to provide alternative solutions.
- Provides timely feedback to the Communications Center Supervisor and Team regarding service failures or customer concerns
- Participates in Royal's collaborative approach of customer recovery analysis and makes recommendations on customer service improvement initiatives or internal and departmental policy changes and improvements.
- Memorizes hospital and facility addresses in all counties we operate in.
- Reacts quickly, efficiently and calmly in an emergency situation and works with the Dispatchers and Operations Department to implement an effective course of action.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding any patient information in accordance with HIPAA regulations, as well as any sensitive company and employee information
- Demonstrates and supports Royal's Mission, Values and Quality Standards
- Must have full-time availability to work weekends and holidays as needed
- At least 1-year experience in a call center environment is preferred, but not required
- Basic computer proficiency (typing speed of 35+ wpm, MS Office and internet)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding customer service skills, including a pleasant and professional telephone manner
- Must be able to work in a team environment, as well as work independently with little supervision
- Quick learner and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Positive upbeat attitude, enthusiastic and compassionate
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Self-starter with strong problem-solving skills
- High level of initiative and the ability to make sound decisions independently
- Strong ability to communicate and coordinate calls effectively
- Experience in medical terminology preferred, but not necessary as training will be provided
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision, with a portion of your premium covered by Royal
- 401k Retirement Plan with Matching
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time-off
- Work with the latest in technology for digital dispatching and communication
- Work in a safe location with 24-hour monitored security (audio and video)
- Continuous on-the-job training
- Centrally located in the East Bay with easy access to 880 and 580 freeways