|Location||San Jose, CA|
Objective of the Position:
Royal Ambulance is seeking our first cohort of paramedic leaders for Santa Clara County.
As the highest employee-rated BLS and CCT ambulance company in the U.S., we are looking for exceptional individuals to help us design, build and operate our new ALS service to the same standards of excellence. Applicants must have a strong internal drive to grow, not just as clinicians, but as managers, leaders, and entrepreneurial thinkers.
As a Royal Paramedic, you will be responsible for servicing and expanding our ALS & specialty Critical Care Service Lines, such as High Flow 02 & Organ Donation Transports. These highly clinical service lines are challenging and new, but don’t worry--we provide qualified applicants with extensive hands-on training.
Management that listens to YOU. We pride ourselves on being a company for EMTs run by EMTs. Our CEO, COO, VP of Administration and 75% of our management team began their careers as EMTs at Royal.
Royal’s CEO is the 25th highest ranked executive on Glassdoor across ALL small and medium-sized businesses in the U.S and meets every single one of our 350+ employees on their first day of work to learn how he can best serve their goals.
Our most successful special projects are designed and led by our front-line clinical staff. If you have a great idea, we’ve got a budget for it.
We offer flexible scheduling so you can work shifts that fit with your lifestyle. Need to take a day off last-minute? Post on our Facebook Workplace internal workplace and your team members will have you covered!
Cutting Edge Facilities:
As a Royal Paramedic, you will have access to best-in-class custom ambulances, dedicated IT support, PRACTICAL high-end equipment, and real-time dashboards with relevant patient data.
We are the only Ambulance company in California to offer ECMO transports, and one of the only to offer high-flow 02.
Employee satisfaction is very high at Royal. Modern Healthcare ranked us #38 best healthcare company to work for in the entire country.
In addition to comprehensive medical benefits, paid sick leave & vacation, we offer a competitive salary with a significant call-bonus structure.
Additional Benefits Include (but not limited to):
- Starting Rate: $22.00-$26.00/hourly (DOE) with RAISES Every 6 Months
- Full-Time & Part-time Positions Available
- Flexible Scheduling AROUND YOUR NEEDS
- Competitive CALL BONUS Structure
- Major Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement with Company Matching
- 2 WEEKS Paid Vacation Time-Off
- Paid Sick Leave Time-Off
- $2,500 SCHOLARSHIPS Awarded 4 Times Each Year
- Referral Bonus Program of $250 for Each Friend You Refer to Be Part of Royal
- EXTENSIVE Employee Assistance Program (life happens and sometimes you need additional support and resources)
- FREE CE Credits & Ongoing Educational Opportunities
- Lots of FREE Food & Snacks
- COOL Company Parties, BBQ’s & Fun Events
GROW your career from here. We prioritize promoting internal staff for higher positions because you need to have "been there" to understand how the company operates and how to keep it moving forward.
Although unconventional, this model allows our employees to “climb the ladder” much faster than other organizations (note: this isn’t fire, so you won’t be climbing many actual ladders but you get the point).
Job Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Provide quality patient care utilizing thorough knowledge and appropriate administration of Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS), PALS/PEPP (or any of the approved equivalents), and approved medical protocols.
- Provide guidance to management on process improvement, team training, and business growth opportunities.
- Complete all patient care reports accurately.
- Maintain current State and county certifications.
- Be empathetic. This means always asking yourself “If this were my mother or father or sibling or best friend, how would I want them to be treated?”. In short, put the patient first. Always.
- Attend all Continuing Medical Education (CME) courses on a monthly basis.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the medical community. Patients come first but you need to understand our customers - the providers - as well. Be courteous, professional, and have an above & beyond mentality in every interaction. Handle protected health information (PHI) in a manner consistent with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Demonstrate and support Royal’s Mission, Values and Quality Standards.
- Must be 21 Years of Age (for insurance purposes)
- Current California Paramedic Certification
- Santa Clara County System Badge
- California Class C Driver’s License
- Ambulance Driver’s License
- AHA CPR Certification (Heart Code BLS)
- Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) Certification (or approved equivalent)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification (or approved equivalent)
- PALS/ PEPP Certification
- TB Test and Immunizations (HepB, MMR, DTap, Varicella)
- A.S. Degree in Emergency Medical Technology
- National Registry
Paramedics are required to sit; climb or balance; step, stoop, kneel, or crouch. You will frequently lift and/or carry up to 150 pounds and occasionally lift and/or carry up to 200 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Occupational Safety Risk for Infection Control:
Risk to exposure from bloodborne pathogens – 3 High Risk.
How to Apply:
Please submit your online employment application at https://royalambulance.typeform.com/to/Zwc8Q6.
For more information, contact Ana David - Human Resources Manager at:
510-343-2725 or Ana.David@RoyalAmbulance.com