|Location||San Jose, CA|
|Shifts hiring||Part-time, Full-time|
Royal isn't just the fastest growing ambulance company in the Bay Area. We are a hardworking, team-oriented group of healthcare professionals that put patients first, and it all starts with our Paramedics & EMTs—plain and simple.
Our Paramedics & EMTs are the most vital, front-line force for excellent care our company has. As such, we invest not only in your training here at Royal, but also in YOUR success and in YOUR future through education scholarships, career advancement opportunities, and more.
Because of our people-first culture, we’re at 4.8 ratings and above on Facebook and Glassdoor. We’re also recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare not only locally by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal, but also nationally by Modern Healthcare—right alongside the big boys like Stanford Hospital, Sutter, and The Mayo Clinic.
Find out more about Royal and our people in the links below, and fill out your application to become a Royal Ambulance Paramedic today.
Employee satisfaction is very high at Royal. Modern Healthcare ranked us #38 best healthcare company to work for in the entire country.
In addition to comprehensive medical benefits, paid sick leave & vacation, we offer a competitive salary with a significant call-bonus structure.
Additional Benefits Include (but not limited to):
- $46,464-$54,912/Annually (Depends on Experience)
- Guaranteed RAISES Every 6 Months
- Full-Time & Part-time Positions Available for 12-Hour Shifts
- Competitive CALL BONUS Structure
- Major Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement with Company Matching
- 2 WEEKS Paid Vacation Time-Off
- Paid Sick Leave Time-Off
- $2,500 SCHOLARSHIPS Awarded 4 Times Each Year
- Referral Bonus Program for EACH FRIEND YOU REFER
- EXTENSIVE Employee Assistance Program (life happens and sometimes you need additional support and resources)
- Lots of Opportunities for CAREER GROWTH & ADVANCEMENT
- FREE CE Credits & Ongoing Educational Opportunities
- Lots of FREE Food & Snacks
- COOL Company Parties, BBQ’s & Fun Events
Job Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Provide quality patient care utilizing thorough knowledge and appropriate administration of Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS), PALS/PEPP (or any of the approved equivalents), and approved medical protocols.
- Provide guidance to management on process improvement, team training, and business growth opportunities.
- Complete all patient care reports accurately.
- Maintain current State and county certifications.
- Be empathetic. This means always asking yourself “If this were my mother or father or sibling or best friend, how would I want them to be treated?”. In short, put the patient first. Always.
- Attend all Continuing Medical Education (CME) courses on a monthly basis.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the medical community. Patients come first but you need to understand our customers - the providers - as well. Be courteous, professional, and have an above & beyond mentality in every interaction. Handle protected health information (PHI) in a manner consistent with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Demonstrate and support Royal’s Mission, Values and Quality Standards.
- Must be 21 Years of Age (for insurance purposes)
- Current California Paramedic Certification
- Santa Clara County System Badge
- California Class C Driver’s License
- Ambulance Driver’s License
- AHA CPR Certification (Heart Code BLS)
- Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) Certification (or approved equivalent)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification (or approved equivalent)
- PALS/ PEPP Certification
- TB Test within the last year
- Immunizations within the last 10 years (HepB, MMR, DTap, Varicella)
- A.S. Degree in Emergency Medical Technology
- National Registry
Paramedics are required to sit; climb or balance; step, stoop, kneel, or crouch. You will frequently lift and/or carry up to 150 pounds and occasionally lift and/or carry up to 200 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Occupational Safety Risk for Infection Control:
Risk to exposure from bloodborne pathogens – 3 High Risk.
For more information, contact Ana David - Human Resources Manager at 510-343-2725 or Ana.David@RoyalAmbulance.com